To curb the spread of COVID-19 while continuing to provide the essential service of protecting public health from mosquitoes and mosquito-borne disease, the District has made the following modifications to its daily operations.
- All District facilities are closed to the public and non-essential visitors.
- Residents that call in for service will be notified that the District will continue to respond to service requests with onsite visits. Residents will be asked to stay inside their house, if home during the visit; however, residents do not need to be home for a site inspection.
- Staff will continue to adhere to the 6 feet of separation with any resident that engages them during a site visit. Staff may need to explain the need to maintain a safe distance for the health of our staff and the resident.
- The District will no longer be knocking on doors to gain property access or to request permission to set traps, except for use of a warrant to inspect. If a contact number is available for the resident, it will be used to contact and notify the resident of our new procedures and request access to the property or schedule an appointment for a site visit. Notices will still be left at the property but will be done without knocking on the door.
- Hiring of additional seasonal staff will be determined based on operational necessity and conditions resulting from COVID-19 activity within the Central Valley and the State.
- Additional guidelines have been established and put in place at the District to protect the health of our employees.