The District is hiring for the following positions:
Urban Programs Specialist
Under the direction of the District Manager and the Superintendent of Operations, the Urban Programs Specialist is responsible for the general, day-to-day, field operations and implementation of the District’s urban residential vector control programs, including the green pool, invasive Aedes, utility vault and storm drain programs, on a District-wide basis. The Urban Programs Specialist assists in the planning, development and organization of the urban vector control programs, and is responsible for evaluating the programs and assists with programmatic changes and modifications. The Urban Programs Specialist supervises, trains, directs and assists field personnel in their daily operational work activities.
- Education and Experience: Combination of education and experience that demonstrates a sufficiency to successfully perform the essential duties as listed above. Demonstration of a working knowledge of vectors and vector control strategies
- Licenses, Certifications, Examinations: Applicant must have a valid California Driver’s License and have and maintain a good driving record and be insurable under the District’s insurance carrier.
- Applicant must possess the ability to obtain and maintain a Mosquito Control Technician Certificate, a Vertebrate Control Certificate and a Terrestrial Invertebrate Vector Control Certificate from the California State Department of Public Health.
- Applicant must successfully complete a pre-placement physical examination, respirator training, drug screen and background check.
Pay: Annual Salary $68,592-$75,636
Benefits: Full benefits package (defined contribution retirement, medical, dental, vision, vacation, sick leave, holidays, etc.).Job Announcement _ UrbanProgramSpecialist.pdfUrban Programs Specialist.pdf
Mosquito Trapping Assistant
- Open to anyone 18 years or older and a high school graduate or equivalent. Preference will be given to those with work or academic experience in biological science.
- Must have a valid California Driver's License with a good driving record and be insurable under the guidelines of the District’s insurance carrier.
- Must successfully complete a pre-placement physical examination, drug screen, and background check.
Pay: $14.00 per hour
Hours: 7:30 am - 4:00 pm, Monday - Friday
- Set and collect mosquito trapping devices.
- Keep and compile complete and accurate records and information on all collections in a manner that is neat, concise, and understandable.
- Drive automotive equipment.
- Operate and maintain mosquito trapping equipment.
- Perform physical labor in the routine activity of the job.
- Communicate and interact with the public.
The Consolidated Mosquito Abatement District is an equal opportunity employer.